Lumos Brighten® - Zao Lei
Assistant Herb In Topical Formula Combination.
Vial Size: 15ml
Active Ingredient: Zao Lei (Formulated algae from the coast of spain)
TCM Actions: Moves Blood & Fluid
Biomedical Actions: Clears melanin pigmentation from the skin. Gets Rid Of Age Spots and Melasma
Usage: This Serum can be used on its own or mixed with other serums. It is recommended to dilute this serum between 10% - 20% using vegetable glycerin or water, depending on the desired thickness. Do not dilute this specific serum with hyaluronic acid. It will clump if you do. *If diluting to 20%, this 15ml vial becomes 75ml.
- Acts on perse stages of melanin deposition and production in the skin to improve luminosity and decrease visibility of hyperpigmented areas to balance out the skin tone
- Mix to create 1%-5% concentration in hyaluronic acid
- It has reduced melan-A protein levels (40%), thus interfering with development of melanosomes
- Diminishes the amount of human tyrosinase protein by up to 48.9%, and its activity by 24.3%
- Decreases the amount of melanin pigment produced by melanocyte in culture by 61.3%
- In acting on melanocytes, resulted in a 69% lower uptake of particles (phagocytosis)
- Neutralizes hyperpigmentation, that which is related to age spots, in reconstituted epidermis
- 22 Asian female volunteers (38-53 years old) with hyperpigmented regions in skin applied a cream with 2% of the active ingredient ingredient or a placebo cream twice a day for 8 weeks.
- Applied at 2% in vivo, provided brightness by increasing luminance (L*) (2.5%) and inpidual topological angle (ITA) (15.3%), and decreased contrast of dark spots by 12.7%, leading to a great improvement in evenness.
- The treatment shrank the area of dark spots (6.9%) and decreased their melanin content by 61.1%.
Lumos® is a new cosmetic active that acts on various stages of melanin production and deposition in the skin to improve luminosity and decrease visibility of hyperpigmented areas to even out the skin tone. Providing a brightening effect, this extract homogenizes skin complexion by reducing the melanin content, contrast, and size of dark spots.
The process by which melanocytes produce melanin – melanogenesis – and distribute it in the skin is complex and includes multiple steps. Activation of various signaling pathways in melanocytes results in gene transcription of perse key melanogenic proteins. Melanosomes them form and melanin is synthesized within them. When these vesicles mature and filled with pigment, they are transferred to keratinocytes.
Lumos® consistently modulates sever steps that provide pigmentation. It regulates gene expression of melanogenic signaling proteins to reduce the formation and maturation of melanosomes, reduces tyrosinase levels and activity, and reduces melanin update by keratinocytes. Further, it induces the expression of genes involved in DMA repair, which is necessary due to the loss of UV-protective pigment.
In Vitro Test
- Reduced melan-A protein levels (40%), thus interfering with development of melanosomes.
- Diminished the amount of human tyrosinase protein by up to 48.9% and its activity by 24.3%.
- Decreased the amount of melanin pigment produced by melanocyte in culture by 61.3%.
- Acting on melanocytes, resulted in a 69% lower uptake of particles (phagocytosis) in keratinocytes.
- Neutralized WNT-induced hyper-pigmentation (related to age spots) in reconstituted epidermis.
Helps provide a more even skin toneHelps prevent hyperpigmented or dark spots, which often are early signs of aging, especially in Asian skin. Helps lighten the complexion
Ingredients: Vegetable Glycerin, Water, Algae(plankton) Extract, Butylene Glycol
Do not directly apply onto your skin. This product should be added to a formulation at the recommended usage rate.
Disclaimer: Caution use with pregnancy. Please always test this serum in a small area first. If any reaction occurs please discontinue use. Topical Use Only. Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat and cure or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional skin care provider.
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.