Oculus Infraorbital® - Hai Zao
Vial Size: 15ml
Active Ingredient: Hai Zao (seaweed from the coast of spain)
TCM Actions: Moves blood and interstitial fluid. Resolve damp fluid Retention
Biomedical Actions: Helps clear bilirubin and fluid buildup around the eyes. Gets Rid Of Eye bags, Dark Circles & Puffiness.
Usage: This Serum can be used on its own or mixed with other serums. It is recommended to dilute this serum between 10% - 20% using vegetable glycerin or water, depending on the desired thickness. Do not dilute this specific serum with hyaluronic acid. It will clump if you do. *If diluting to 20%, this 15ml vial becomes 75ml.
- Liquid retention because of higher permeability of blood vessels causes eye puffiness to appear. When added to bilirubin accumulation, from hemoglobin breakdown, induces vascular pigmentation and, therefore, dark circles. Further, deterioration of skin support proteins, such as collagen and elastin, contributes to heightened visibility of such signs, in addition to wrinkle development.
- Decreases vascular permeability to ameliorate eyebags and dark circles
- Stimulates bilirubin degradation to reduce vascular pigmentation that leads to dark coloration under the eyes
- Stimulates production of elastin and type I collagen by dermal fibroblasts
- Reduces glycation of collagen to sustain elasticity and strength of the dermis
- In vivo, it improves the appearance of all signs of aging in the eye contour area, including puffiness, wrinkles, and dark circles
Oculus InfraOrbital® is a new cosmetic active that provides complete care of the eye contour area by lessening fluid extravasation and increasing degradation of bilirubin. It also improves collagen and elastic synthesis and decreases formation of advanced glycation end products (AGE) for a younger and brighter look. Isolated from a naturally occurring marine microorganism isolated in Playa Paraiso, Tenerife Island, Spain, it is produced by through biotechnology, so there is no extracting or harvesting from nature.
The look of the eyes transmits attractiveness and beauty. It is essential in interpersonal communications. The delicate skin around the eyes becomes thinner, as we age, and therefore it is more susceptible to age-related changes. Eye puffiness appears because of liquid retention, as a consequence of higher permeability of blood vessels When that is added to bilirubin accumulation from hemoglobin breakdown, it induces vascular pigmentation and, therefore, dark circles. Further, the deterioration of skin support proteins, such as collagen and elastin, it contributes to increased visibility of such signs, as well as the development of wrinkles.
In Vivo Test on Volunteers
- A panel of 21 females (22-54 years old) with dark circles apples, once a day for 28 days, a placebo cream on one side of the eye contour area and a cream with 1% Oculus InfraOrbital® on the other side, twice a day. The vascular component (red color) of dark circles was then calculated from high resolution photographs obtained under cross-polarized light.
- The active ingredient reduced the vascular component of dark circles by 1.5% and was 35.7% more effect than the placebo.
- A group of 20 females (aged 41-66), showing eyebags, used a cream with 4% Oculus InfraOrbital® marine ingredient, twice a day for 28 days, on half the face around the eye and a placebo cream on the other half. Fringe projection technique was used to evaluate eyebags volume. The results were evident after 14 days, reducing them by 8.2% after 28 days.
- A panel of 18 females (aged 40-54) applied a placebo cream or a cream with 2% Oculus InfraOrbital® on crow’s feet wrinkles of one eye or the other, twice a day for 14 days. Measurement of in vivo skin topometry of crow’s feet was performed by fringe projections. Oculus InfraOrbital® provided a general smoothing effect by reducing roughness by 9%, mean wrinkle depth by 8.75%, and maximum wrinkle depth by 9.8%.
- Reduces vascular permeability to ameliorate eye bags and dark circles
- Enhances bilirubin degradation to reduce vascular pigmentation that causes dark coloration under the eyes
- Promotes [production of elastin and type I collagen by dermal fibroblasts
- Lessens glycation of collagen to maintain strength and elasticity of the dermis
- In vivo, it improves the appearance of all signs of aging in the eye contour area, including puffiness, wrinkles, and dark circles.
Ingredients: Vegetable Glycerin, Water, Seaweed Extract, Butylene Glycol
Oculus InfraOrbital® can be used in any cosmetic formulation designed for use around the eyes.
Do not directly apply onto your skin. This product should be added to a formulation at the recommended usage rate.
Disclaimer: Caution use with pregnancy. Please always test this serum in a small area first. If any reaction occurs please discontinue use. Topical Use Only. Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat and cure or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional skin care provider.
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.